Use Social Media for your Insurance Company
Are you using social media to promote your life insurance business? If not, you should be. Most consumers spend a significant time of their day on their computer, using social media sites to share information with friends and family. Having a social media presence will help others to learn about and promote your company.
How Can it Work for Me?
Think of how much business you have brought in from word-of-mouth referrals. Social media can act as an online referral system. A consumer may see a Facebook friend they trust likes your page on Facebook or follows your blog or Twitter account. When they are in the market for life insurance, they may remember that information and contact you, since you’ve been virtually “referred.”
Chances are most of the agents in your office know their way around a social media site, so there isn’t much training necessary for this new form of marketing. Even a simple LinkedIn page for each of your agents can increase their visibility in the community where you work. It can show consumers looking online for life insurance that your agents have training and credentials and can be trusted.
Social Media Marketing Ideas
Insurance Journal gathered 50 social media marketing ideas for insurance agents. Here are our favorites:
- Write regular posts at least once a week, but as often as you can is ideal.
- End some of your posts with a question. This will engage your followers to post comments.
- Share pictures of your agency. It could be headshots of agents, office activities or volunteer work.
- Link to your social media pages on your company website.
- Make your pages unique. Share interesting content and post engaging videos or photos.
- Use blog posts to link back to your company’s website. This can also help with search engine optimization.
No matter what you decide to do on your social media channels, just having a basic social media presence can put you one step ahead of the game and help life insurance sales.